Undoubtedly Canada is one of the amazing countries in the world for immigrants to stay, work or study. It offers more than 60 immigration programs to ease the entry of immigrants there. Among these, the Canadian government operates Canada family visa program to reunite families of its citizens and permanent citizens in Canada. This visa allows them to sponsor their family members like a spouse, dependent children, parents or grandparents for permanent residence status in Canada.
So, if you are interested in sponsoring your family members to Canada, then there is different sponsorship programs like
- Spousal sponsorship,
- Parent and Grandparent Family Class Sponsorship,
- Dependent Child Sponsorship
So, let’s understand the requirements of the sponsor and the person being sponsored for each sponsorship program.
Under this sponsorship program, a permanent resident or Canadian citizen can sponsor his/her spouse, or common-law partner or conjugal partner.
Requirements for sponsor:
- A sponsor must be at least 18 years old and:
- Canadian citizen or,
- A person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
- A permanent resident of Canada
- He/she must not be bankrupt or charged with any debt or offence
- He/she must not sponsor as a spouse in the past five years
Requirements for the sponsored person:
An individual with a minimum of 18 years of age and is legally married to a sponsor in Canada can apply for spousal sponsorship. For that, both of them must have gone a complete legal marriage process in their native country. Marriage certificate along with some photographs of marriage are sufficient documents for verification and evaluation of the relationship between both individuals.
Common-law partner of an individual can be either of a same-sex or different sex; however, must live with the sponsor for a minimum time period of one year. Unlike marriage, there is no legal status given to the common-law partnership. So, the process involved in the verification of the relationship between two individuals in common-law partnership becomes a little complex. The common-law partner needs to provide many documents as proof including
- Joint bank account statement
- Credit card statement involving the activity of both partners
- Renting lease on the name of both partners,
- A salutatory declaration signed from both partners and stating that the relationship between them is true and genuine
- Besides it, they can show their pictures of dates or trips, conversations, phone call logs and more to prove their relationship.
Sometimes, due to circumstances like immigration barrier, marital status, and more which are beyond the control of both partners, the sponsored individual is not able to live with his/her partner.
Parent and Grandparent Family Class Sponsorship:
Requirements for sponsor:
- The sponsor needs to submit a signed sponsorship agreement with the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship. The length of an undertaking for sponsorship of parents, grandparents and their accompanying dependents is 20 years.
- He/she must promise to provide financial support and basic requirements like food, clothing, and personal requirements to the sponsored person. For that, he/she needs to show some proof of income which states that you have enough money to support parents/ grandparents in Canada.
Requirements for the Sponsored Person:
The sponsored person must be the parent(s) or grandparent(s) of the sponsor.
Dependent child sponsorship:
Requirements for sponsor:
- A sponsor must have minimum 18 years of age
- Canadian citizenship or permanent residence in Canada
- Sufficient funds or income to support a dependent child and his/her needs. For that, provide financial resources for the past 12 months are essential.
Requirements for sponsored dependent children:
For children under the age of 22 years:
- All children must be under the age of 22 years and have no spouse or partner to become eligible for Canada family visa
For children above the age of 22 years:
- All of them must be depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22
- And, they are unable to financially support themselves due to some mental or physical health issues.
Note: If you are a Canadian citizen, then your child will get the citizenship of Canada, even if his/her delivery has done outside Canada.
If you are interested and fulfill the above requirements, then contact experts of countrywide visas for the complete information on application process, fees, processing time and more. Countrywide visas is one of the fastest growing Immigration consultancies with a large, devoted team of Immigration experts offers hassle-free and professional services to its clients for filing their applications for various Canada immigration programs.
You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfill your dreams of settling abroad.