Canada is considered to be the best country in terms of immigration. One can easily find a suitable environment to live, study and work there. It is a country with diverse culture, people of different races, ethnicities, genders and religions live together. So, if you are interested in immigrating to Canada, then you don’t need to worry about people, surrounding, housing over there. Once, you got your Canada PR visa in hand you will also have equal rights as a Canadian except the voting rights. That means you can live there like other citizens of Canada.
What does Canada Experience Class (CEC) mean?
Canada Experience Class (CEC) is nothing but a category for immigrants in Canada who have skilled work experience in Canada. This program is for temporary foreign workers who are willing to be a permanent resident in Canada. So the candidates who want permanent resident status under the Canada Experience Class (CEC) category, then the candidate must be a skilled worker in Canada in his or her past years.
Who can apply for the Canada Experience Class?
To apply for Canada experience class (CEC), you must fill given below conditions:
- You must be having skilled work experience in Canada.
- You must be able to communicate in one of the two Canada’s official language that is either English or French.
Note: A candidate can not apply for this category if the candidate wants to live in the province of Quebec.
Requirements for Canada Experience Class
Following are the requirements for a permanent resident visa in Canada under Canada experience class (CEC):
- Work experience
If a candidate wants to apply for permanent resident status under the Canada experience class (CEC) category, then the candidate must have at least one year of full experience or the equivalent in part-time work. That work experience should be as a skilled worker in Canada(link). That means the candidate must have worked at least 30 hours per week and at least 1,560 hours in a year. Also, this work experience must be within the three years from your CEC application issued date. No part-time work and internship will qualify in this category.
- Skilled work experience
If you have work experience in any skilled job profile in a few past years in Canada, then your work experience must be of the following categories:
Skill Type 0 (zero): These jobs are management jobs, like:
- restaurant managers
- mine managers
- shore captains (fishing)
Skill Level A: professional jobs that usually call for a degree from a university, like:
Skill Level B: The category includes technical jobs and skilled trades that usually call for a college diploma or training as an apprentice, like:
- That work must be a full-time work experience or equivalent part-time work experience. Here 12 and 24 months of experience implies, 30hours per week for 12 months or 1,560 hours per year or 15 hours per week for 24 months or 1,560 hours per year.
- If you want to qualify the Canadian experience class (CEC), then you must meet the minimum language level of:
- Canadian language benchmark (CLB) 7 for NOC 0, or A jobs (Skill level 0 or A) mentioned above; or,
- Canadian language benchmark (CLB) 5 for NOC B jobs (Skill level B)
- You must be able to read, write, listen and speak any one of two official languages.
To qualify for the Canada experience class, you don’t need any educational qualification. If you have gone to a school in Canada in your past, you must have a certificate, a diploma or a degree from a secondary or post-secondary school in Canada.
If you have completed your education in foreign then you must have an educational credential assessment (ECA) report from an approved agency that shows that your education is equivalent to complete certificate, diploma or degree from a secondary or post-secondary school of Canada. You will give points based on these educational qualifications.
- Basic requirement
For permanent resident visa under Canada experience class (CEC), you must not pose a threat to the health, safety, or security of Canada and should not be included in any criminal activity. You must not give fake information or documents that can be related to your application.
Benefits of Canadian Experience Class (CEC):
Permanent residence visa under Canadian experience class (CEC) is allotted to those applicants only, who have at least 12 months of working experience and wish to pursue that occupation in the three years after immigrating to Canada. So, if you are applying for a PR visa under this program, then you can hold the number of benefits. Some of them are:
- You can stay and work there for as long as you want.
- You can sponsor your spouse, children or any other family member for permanent residency in Canada.
- After three years of stay in Canada, you are eligible to apply for citizenship in Canada.
- If you are going there as a student, then soon after the completion of your studies, you are eligible to gain employment or status of permanent residency there.
The application process for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC):
As stated above, it is a part of Canada Express Entry program, so the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) will be used to evaluate the candidature. And, only the high-scoring profiles get the invitation to apply (ITA) for the visa. So, if you are eligible for the program, then follow the enlisted steps carefully.
- First, you need to fill the online application form; however, make sure that you provide complete and correct information in the form. Submit the form along with the relevant documents to the concerned authorities.
- Once you have submitted the form and documents, IRCC put your application with all other received forms in the Express entry pool for evaluation. Authorities examine each application form separately based on pre-defined selection factors including age, education, experience, language proficiency and more.
- After the evaluation of applications, authorities send the invitation to apply (ITAs) to high-scoring candidates for permanent residency in Canada. For that, an applicant needs to submit a separate approval form to CIC. If they also approve or select the application, then the respective applicant gets a PR visa.
Processing time for Canadian Experience Class :
Like other categories of Canada Express Entry program, the average processing time for Canadian experience class is six months. However, it may vary from case to case. So, it is suggested to update any change in address, phone number, marital status and more accordingly to governing authorities to avoid future delays and rejection of the application.
Estimated fee structure for Canadian Experience Class:
|Right of permanent residence fee||$ 490 CAD|
|Principal applicant||$ 475 CAD|
|If principal applicant is less than 22 years of age, and not a spouse or common-law partner.||$ 75 CAD|
|Spouse or common law partner||$ 550 CAD|
|Family member except spouse or common law partner, and less than 22 years of age||$ 150 CAD|
Are you ready to get a Canadian Experience Class (CEC)?
If yes, then Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com.You may also fill theTechnical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfill your dreams of settling abroad.