Canada is one of the developed nations, which whole-heartedly welcomes immigrants of different nationalities. The government of Canada runs various programs for individuals, who wish to try their luck in the country. Out of all, Canada Express Entry Program attracts immigrants the most. It has three subcategories:
- Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC)
- Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
What is the Federal Skilled Trades Program?
Canadian Federal Skilled Trades Program was introduced in 2003. It supports the entry of potential immigrants who are skilled and experienced in their respective niche of expertise. Canada deals in many large industries like aerospace, shipbuilding, Information and technology and more.
So, Canadian employers are always in search of skilled workers to complete bulk projects on time. With the help of such immigration programs, the government of Canada is aiming for a large community of skilled workforce which helps in strengthening the economy of the country.
So, if you are also interested in living in Canada, then go through this post carefully to understand the categories, eligibility, application process, fees and all related to federal skilled trades program (FSTP).
Federal Skilled Trades Program Cap
Undoubtedly, every year, a large number of applications come under this program; however, the maximum cap for this program is only 3000 applications only. Out of which, the maximum of 100 applications qualifies for most of the nominated occupations under this program.
In general, there are two categories – Category A and Category B.
|Electrical and telecommunications||Welders|
|Construction trade||Structural metal works|
|Mechanics trade||Metal workers|
|Supervisors and heavy equipments||Machining|
|Logging and forestry||Elevators|
|Mineral and metal processing||Crane operators|
|Petroleum industry||Water well drillers|
|Waste management||Underground production miners|
|Oil and gas|
|Sheet metal workers|
|Machining and tooling inspections|
|Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics|
Benefits of the Federal Skilled Trades Program
When it comes to immigration, Canada is one of the preferred destinations. It is a hub of new opportunities for immigrants. Moreover, if you are a skilled and experienced tradesperson, then you have higher chances to have your profile under this program. There are many benefits of applying for a Canada PR visa through this program. Some of them are listed below.
- Let’s start with the CRS score. We all know the Canada Express Entry program revolves around Comprehensive ranking System (CRS) score. The higher the CRS score, the brighter the chances of approval for Canada PR visa. However, if you are applying through FSTP, then CRS cut off is relatively lower than other express entry programs. Lower threshold CRS score increases your chances to immigrate to Canada.
- Nothing can be better than having a job offer letter from a Canadian employer in your hand when you have already decided to immigrate to Canada.
- However, the best part is the job offer helps you in qualifying eligibility criteria and higher CRS score under the FSTP program.
- Unlike other programs of the Express Entry system, the language eligibility criterion is set lower for FSTP. So it increases the applicants of FSTP of being invited to apply.
Eligibility for Federal Skilled Trades Program
There are multiple factors which directly affects the eligibility of applications, come under FSTP like age, education, working experience, language proficiency and more.
- An applicant needs to have at least 24 months of working experience in any above mentioned nominated occupations in the past five years from the date of application.
- He/she should have good command in either English or French. For that, he/she needs to appear in language proficiency test like IELTS, TEF and more. As minimum eligibility criteria, FSTP requires a minimum level of CLB 5 for writing, listening, reading and speaking English or French.
- He/she should be willing to live at any place in Canada except Quebec as it has its own immigration program for skilled workers, called Quebec Skilled Trades Program.
- If an applicant is a nominated candidate, then he/she must meet all the requirements, enlisted by employers for respective occupations.
Steps for application of Federal Skilled Trades Program
If you want to reach your dream destination, Canada through the Federal skilled trades program, then there are two alternatives-
- The applicant can apply through Express Entry program and wait for receipt of the invitation to apply (ITA) for further rounds of Canada PR visa. It is applicable for those, who have IELTS score more than 6 CLB and have a job offer under FSTP conditions.
- Applicants who have lower IELTS score; however, possess job offer under FSTP conditions, then they can apply through the off-line application.
Besides it, fill correct information in the application form and provide all the essential documents along with your application form. Remember, a single error may result in the rejection of the application form as the governing bodies give no chance for revision after final submission.
Processing time for Federal Skilled Trades Program
Being a Federal government’s program, the processing period for applications are relatively shorter. On average, an application takes less than six months. However, if there is any complexity in the form or due to incomplete documentation, result delays and applicants have to wait longer for ITA.
The estimated fee structure for the Federal Skilled Trades Program
|Right of permanent residence fee||$ 490 CAD|
|Principal applicant||$ 475 CAD|
|If principal applicant is less than 22 years of age, and not a spouse or common-law partner.||$ 75 CAD|
|Spouse or common law partner||$ 550 CAD|
|Family member except for spouse or common-law partner, and less than 22 years of age||$ 150 CAD|
Who can direct you the right way to your dreamland?
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfill your dreams of settling abroad.