Quebec Immigration Changes For 2021
From January 1, 2021, Canada will increase its immigration fees. These changes occur every year and are based on the all-items of Consumer Price Index.
- Applicants who are applying for Skilled Workers their fees have increased from $812 to $822.
- A family member who is accompanying the principal applicant is increased $176 to $174.
- A candidate who is looking for a job offer in the province or in assessing the effects of the labour market has increased the fees from $202 to $205.
- Fees for Quebec investors, Quebec entrepreneurs and Quebec self-employed workers, have increased from 5,763 to $15,962 and $1,099 to $1,113 respectively for the last two streams.
- The fees for temporary workers and foreign student’s applications have increased from $202 to $205.
- Applicants studying outside Quebec, its Comparative Assessment fees have increased from $121 to $123.
The above fees are related to the cost of processing for the application for immigrating to Quebec. The candidates may require to pay other fees related to filing, language tets, etc/ to be paid, apart from this.
More changes coming early this year-
Quebec announced changes regarding the submission of documents for foreign nationals under the International Student Program (ISP) and Quebec Experience Program.
As of January 26, 2021 candidates will have to submit documents under these programs digitally. For the ISP, it will be submitted, online via Online application for temporary selection for studies.
Candidates applying through the Quebec Experience Program (PEQ) it is expected, that the online service will be on Arrima portal on mid-January. All the supporting documents from fee payment to the application form will be done, from the Arrima portal as, of January 26, 2021.
Quebec has also released the statement that, all the document will be transmitted, electronically for the three new permanent immigration pilot projects of 2021-
- The pilot program for orderlies;
- The pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence (AI), information technologies (IT) and visual effects sectors;
- The pilot program for workers in food processing (FP).
Admission targets for 2021 in Quebec-
For the year 2021, Quebec has set a target 27,500 to 29,300 for new admissions for its programs. It has also set a target of 24,200 for skilled workers.
For business admission programs, the province has set a target of 4,300 admissions. The other 800 admissions are for other categories such as live-in caregivers. Another 10,200 PR visa is expected to come via family sponsorship, refugee, and other programs.
You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.