Every year, Canadian province Saskatchewan receives hundreds and thousands of applications from different countries for provincial nominations for Canadian Permanent Residency. International Skilled Worker is one of the most popular sub-categories of provincial program, Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) to nominate candidates for PR. As per the name, it brings applications from foreign nationals who are skilled and experienced well enough to meet the shortage of labor in the province’s market.
Saskatchewan’s International skilled worker further segregates into the following immigration streams to manage applications of immigration candidates.
- Saskatchewan Express entry
- Saskatchewan Employment offer
- Saskatchewan in-demand occupation
Categories of International Skilled Worker stream:
Skilled foreign nationals who willingly wish to work and live in Saskatchewan can apply to the international skilled worker through any of its immigration pathways for a provincial nominee program from Saskatchewan. All three sub-categories operate through the point-based system to evaluate the eligibility of candidates for Provincial nominations.
Saskatchewan Express entry:
It is a federal express entry linked immigration stream of Saskatchewan’s International skilled worker. So, it targets the express entry pool to search the profiles with relevant experience and skills required by the employers in the province.
Saskatchewan employment offer:
This sub-category of International skilled worker manages applications of those foreign workers who have a valid job offer from Saskatchewan’s employers in any skilled occupation.
Saskatchewan Occupation in-Demand:
This sub-category of International skilled worker manages the application of candidates having work experience in highly skilled and Saskatchewan’s in-demand occupations.
Eligibility for International Skilled Worker stream:
Irrespective of the immigration subcategory of International skilled worker stream, it is mandatory for every applicant to score a minimum of 60 points in SINP’s point-assessment grid to become eligible to apply for the provincial nomination.
Eligibility for Saskatchewan Express entry:
- An applicant must have a profile in IRCC’s Express Entry Pool.
- He/she must score sufficient Canadian Language Benchmark language (CLB) in language proficiency test like IELTS
- He/she must have completed post-secondary education, training, apprenticeship or equivalent to the education system of Canada. In case, he/she has degree or diploma from universities outside Canada, then it is mandatory to submit the educational credential assessment (ECA) from a designated organization as per IRCC’s list of approved organizations.
- He/she must have work experience in professions categorized as NOC skilled type 0, A or B.
- He/she must have proof of funds to show his/her financial stability and ability to support him/her and family in the province after immigration
Eligibility for Saskatchewan employment offer stream:
- An applicant must have minimum one-year work experience within the past ten years
- He/she must score a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark language (CLB) level 4 in language proficiency test like IELTS
- He/she must have a valid job offer from the employer of Saskatchewan for a permanent, full-time, paid job which is classified as NOC skilled type 0, A or B.
Eligibility for Saskatchewan’s Occupation In-Demand stream:
- A Candidate must be proficient in speaking, writing, speaking, and understanding English or French. For that, he/she needs to submit a scorecard of language proficiency test with a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4.
- He/she must complete at least a Canadian one-year post-secondary diploma, and in case, degree or diploma is from outside Canada, Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is necessary.
- He/she must have a minimum of 12 months of work experience in the Saskatchewan in-demand occupation
- He/she must have sufficient settlement funds to support the living in the province after immigration
Application process for the International Skilled Worker stream:
Before initiating the application process for international skilled worker stream, check the eligibility for the same
Once you found eligible, get ready with documents including
- Identity card for civil status
- Official letters related to work experience mentioning job post and salary
- Copies of academic credentials like Degree, diploma,
- Education credential assessment report from a recognized institution like WES
- Proof of financial status
- Valid passport
- Scorecard of language proficiency test
Create an online account. If the candidate has already received an Invitation to Apply (ITA), he/she must login using the same account which is used to create for EOI profile. In case of applying with a job offer, candidate needs to create an account.
Provide information on all the required sections of online application
Scan and upload the documents in PDF format
Pay the fees and and submit the application form online
Note: For express entry immigration stream, it is necessary to have Express entry profile along with Expression of Interest (EOI) for SINP.
Point-assessment table for International Skilled Worker stream:
|Labor Market Success
|Connection to Saskatchewan and Labor Market||30|
Total: factor 1 + factor 2 = 70 + 30 = 100
Education and Training:
|Master’s or Doctorate degree||23|
|University Bachelor’s Degree (minimum 3 year program)||20|
|Trade Certification (equivalent to Saskatchewan journey person and approved by the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trades Certification Commission)||20|
|Degree, diploma or certificate (minimum 2 year program)||15|
|Degree, diploma or certificate (minimum 1 year program of study, or equivalent to a trade certificate.||12|
Skilled work experience:
|In the five year period prior to application submission date
|In the 6-10 year period prior to application submission date
|CLB 8 and higher||20|
|less than CLB 4||0|
|less than 18 years||0|
|more than 50 years||0|
Connections in Saskatchewan:
For the Employment Offer subcategory only:
|High skilled employment offer from a Saskatchewan employer||30|
For Occupation in-Demand and Saskatchewan Express Entry subcategories only:
|Close family relative in Saskatchewan including parents, siblings, aunts, grandparents, cousins, niece, nephews with either a Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status||2|
|Past work experience in Saskatchewan for minimum of 12 months within the past five years||5|
|Past student experience in Saskatchewan for a minimum of one full-time academic year of study at a recognized Saskatchewan post-secondary education institution||5|
How can countrywide visas help you in applying for an International Skilled Worker stream?
Countrywide visas is one of the fastest growing Immigration consultancies with a large, devoted team of Immigration experts offer hassle-free and professional services to its clients. They help aspiring immigrants in filing their applications for various immigration programs.
You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfill your dreams of settling abroad.