0121 Insurance, real estate, and financial brokerage managers
Insurance, real estate, and financial brokerage managers
This unit group includes insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of departments or establishments that provide insurance, mortgage, real estate, and investment services. They are generally responsible for business development and must ensure that their group reaches performance levels related to established objectives. They are employed by insurance companies, real estate firms, stockbrokers, investment dealers, mortgage brokers and security and commodity exchanges.
- bond sales manager
- branch manager – insurance
- brokerage manager – investments
- business development manager – damage insurance
- commission brokers manager – investments
- commodities trading manager
- financial brokerage manager
- futures research manager
- futures research services manager
- grain trading manager
- insurance benefits executive director
- insurance claims service manager
- insurance manager
- insurance managing director
- insurance regional manager
- insurance sales district manager
- insurance sales manager
- investment director – financial brokerage
- investment manager – financial brokerage
- leasing manager – real estate
- liability trading manager
- mortgage broker manager
- mutual funds manager – financial brokerage
- petroleum research manager – securities
- real estate agents managing supervisor
- real estate branch manager
- real estate broker
- real estate developer
- real estate national sales manager
- real estate office manager
- real estate sales district manager
- real estate sales manager
- real estate sales managing director
- real estate service manager
- securities and investment manager
- securities manager
- securities research director
- securities research manager
- securities sales director
- trading floor manager
- underwriting department manager
Following are the Duties of the insurance, real estate, and financial brokerage managers:
- Insurance managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an establishment or department that provides automobile, fire, life, property or other types of insurance services.
- Real estate service managers’ plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an establishment or department that buys, sells and leases residential and commercial properties for clients.
- Mortgage broker managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an establishment or department that finds lenders or lending institutions on behalf of clients seeking a mortgage.
- Securities managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an establishment or department that buys and sells stocks, bonds and other forms of investments on behalf of individual or institutional clients and manage the investments of their own clients
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, economics or other related field is usually required.
- Several years of experience in the appropriate industry are usually required.
- Licensure appropriate to the service sold, such as real estate, mortgage, securities or insurance, may be required.
- In the insurance industry, a recognized professional designation is usually required.
- There is no mobility between the different types of managers in this unit group.
- Progression to senior management positions is possible with experience.
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers (0124)
- Banking, credit and other investment managers (0122)
- Financial managers (0111)
- Other business services managers (0125)
- Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services (0013)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC