1213 Supervisors, library, correspondence and related information workers
Supervisors, library, correspondence and related information workers
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and coordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Library Assistants and Clerks (1451), Correspondence, Publication and Regulatory Clerks (1452) and Survey Interviewers and Statistical Clerks (1454). They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- advertising clerks supervisor
- census area manager
- census area manager assistant
- census commissioner
- census commissioner assistant
- census district manager
- communication clerks supervisor
- copyright clearance supervisor
- correspondence clerks supervisor
- court reporters supervisor
- customs clerks supervisor
- fingerprint classifier supervisor
- law archivists supervisor
- legal services record writers supervisor
- library clerks supervisor
- library loans supervisor
- licence clerks supervisor
- passport office supervisor
- public opinion interviewers supervisor
- publication clerks supervisor
- regional census manager
- statistical clerks supervisor
- survey interviewers supervisor
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: conducting surveys and interviews; collecting and compiling statistics; preparing and issuing licenses, passports and other regulatory documents; reshelving books and performing other tasks in libraries; writing correspondence including e-mails and preparing material for translation and publication
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems, monitor services provided by clerks and agents, and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of college courses related to area supervised may be required.
- Experience in the clerical occupation supervised is usually required.
- Librarians (5111)
- Library and public archive technicians (5211)
- Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations (1214)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC