1243 Medical administrative assistants
Medical administrative assistants
Medical administrative assistants perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties in doctor’s offices, hospitals, medical clinics and other medical settings.
- administrative assistant – medical
- case load planner – home health care services
- medical administrative assistant
- medical secretary
- medical stenographer
- ward secretary
- ward secretary – hospital
Medical administrative assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients
- Enter and format electronically based medical reports and correspondence and prepare spreadsheets and documents for review
- Interview patients in order to complete forms, documents and case histories
- Complete insurance and other claim forms
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
- Prepare draft agendas for meetings and take, transcribe and distribute minutes
- Prepare financial statements and billing
- Establish and maintain various internal office administrative support procedures such as document tracking and filing and monthly reporting
- Order supplies and maintains inventory
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college program or other specialized courses for secretaries or medical secretaries is usually required.
- Health information management occupations (1252)
- Medical records clerks (in 1411 General office support workers)
- Medical transcriptionists (in 1251 Court reporters, medical transcriptionists and related occupations)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC