Apply for Canada PR visa-1524 Purchasing and inventory control workers
Purchasing and inventory control workers
Purchasing and inventory control workers process purchasing transactions and maintain inventories of materials, equipment and stock. They are employed by retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturing companies, government agencies and other establishments.
- equipment inventory clerk
- food and beverage control clerk – inventory
- food controller – inventory
- inventory analyst
- inventory auditor
- inventory clerk
- inventory control clerk
- inventory planner
- invoice and purchase order checker
- invoice control clerk
- liquor controller – inventory
- permanent inventory clerk
- printing plates order clerk
- procurement clerk
- purchase order clerk
- purchasing clerk
- purchasing clerk assistant
- purchasing control clerk
- ship supply clerk
- supply clerk
Purchasing control workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Review requisition orders for accuracy and verify that materials, equipment and stock are not available from current inventories
- Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers and prepare purchase orders
- Calculate cost of orders and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts
- Process purchases within purchasing authority
- Contact suppliers to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and price lists.
Inventory control workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Monitor inventory levels as materials, equipment and stock are issued, transferred within an establishment or sold to the public using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Compile inventory reports, recording the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and stock on hand, using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish materials, equipment and stock
- Maintain stock rotation and dispose of and account for outdated stock
- Enter data for production scheduling, stock replenishment/relocation and inventory adjustments
- Reconcile physical inventories with computer counts.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Courses in purchasing management may be required for purchasing clerks.
- Courses in production and inventory management and ability to operate a computerized inventory system may be required for inventory clerks.
- The duties of purchasing and inventory clerks may overlap in some establishments.
- Progression to supervisory positions or more senior occupations such as purchasing agent or retail buyer is possible with additional training or experience.
- Purchasing agents and officers (1225)
- Retail and wholesale buyers (6222)
- Storekeepers and partspersons (1522)
- Supervisors of purchasing and inventory clerks (in 1215 Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.