Apply for Canada PR visa-2141 Industrial and manufacturing engineers
Industrial and manufacturing engineers
Industrial and manufacturing engineers conduct studies and develop and supervise programs to achieve the best use of equipment, human resources, technology, materials and procedures to enhance efficiency and productivity. Industrial and manufacturing engineers are employed in consulting firms, manufacturing and processing companies, in government, financial, healthcare and other institutions, or they may be self-employed.
- computer integrated manufacturing (CIM) engineer
- consulting industrial engineer
- cost engineer
- efficiency engineer
- fire prevention engineer
- industrial efficiency engineer
- industrial engineer
- industrial safety engineer
- manufacturing engineer
- methods engineer
- plant engineer
- production engineer
- QA (quality assurance) engineer
- quality assurance (QA) engineer
- quality control engineer
- safety engineer
- systems engineer – manufacturing
- time-study engineer
- work measurement engineer
Industrial and manufacturing engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan and design plant layouts and facilities
- Study new machinery and facilities and recommend or select efficient combinations
- Develop flexible or integrated manufacturing systems and procedures
- Conduct studies and implement programs to determine optimum inventory levels for production and to allow optimum utilization of machinery, materials and resources
- Analyze costs of production
- Design, develop and conduct time studies and work simplification programs
- Determine human resource and skill requirements and develop training programs
- Develop performance standards, evaluation systems and wage and incentive programs
- Conduct studies of the reliability and performance of plant facilities and production or administrative systems
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs
- Establish programs and conduct studies to enhance industrial health and safety or to identify and correct fire and other hazards
- Evaluate or assess industrial facilities
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff and other engineers.
- A bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
- A master’s degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
- Industrial engineers develop and implement organizational and management systems, and manufacturing engineers design production processes.
- There is considerable mobility between industrial engineering specializations at the less senior levels.
- Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
- Engineers often work in a multidisciplinary environment and acquire knowledge and skills through work experience that may allow them to practise in associated areas of science, engineering, sales, marketing or management.
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) (2147)
- Engineering managers (0211)
- Mechanical engineers (2132)
- Metallurgical and materials engineers (2142)
- Organizational analysts (in 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.