Apply for Canada PR visa-2148 Other professional engineers, n.e.c.
Other professional engineers, n.e.c.
This unit group includes agricultural and bio-resource engineers, biomedical engineers, engineering physicists and engineering scientists, marine and naval engineers, textile engineers and other specialized engineering occupations which are not classified elsewhere.
- agricultural engineer
- agronomy engineer
- agroprocessing engineer
- bioelectrical engineer
- biomechanical engineer
- biomedical engineer
- biomedical engineer – research and development
- bio-resource engineer
- clinical biomedical engineer
- dairy plant engineer
- engineer in agronomy
- engineering physicist
- engineering scientist
- food processing engineer
- food technology engineer
- marine engineer
- marine systems engineer
- naval architect
- naval engineer
- ship construction engineer
- shipbuilding engineer
- textile engineer
The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
- Agricultural and bio-resource engineers design and develop machinery, structures, equipment and systems related to agriculture and food processing.
- Biomedical engineers design and develop medical diagnostic and clinical instrumentation, equipment and procedures; develop devices to assist persons with disabilities; advise hospital administrators on planning, acquisition and use of medical equipment; and modify and install or supervise installation of equipment.
- Engineering physicists and engineering scientists conduct research, develop processes, programs and equipment to expand fundamental knowledge in the applied sciences and engineering and to support advanced engineering and scientific applications.
- Marine and naval engineers design and develop marine vessels and floating structures and associated marine power plants, propulsion systems and related systems and equipment and oversee the building, maintenance and repair of vessels and marine systems.
- Textile engineers design and develop processes, equipment and procedures for the production of fibres, yarns and textiles.
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline is required.
- A master’s degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports, and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
- There is limited mobility between the engineering specializations included in this unit group.
- Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
- Engineers often work in a multidisciplinary environment and acquire knowledge and skills through work experience that may allow them to practise in associated areas of science, engineering, sales, marketing or management.
- Biochemical and biotechnical engineers (in 2134 Chemical engineers)
- Engineering managers (0211)
- Marine engineer officers – water transport (in 2274 Engineer officers, water transport)
- Physicists (in 2111 Physicists and astronomers)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.