Apply for Canada PR visa-2151 Architects
Architects conceptualize, plan and develop designs for the construction and renovation of commercial, institutional and residential buildings. They are employed by architectural firms, private corporations and governments, or they may be self-employed.
- architectural standards specialist
- chief architect
- consulting architect
- industrial and commercial buildings architect
- residential architect
- residential building architect
Architects perform some or all of the following duties:
- Consult with clients to determine the type, style and purpose of renovations or new building construction being considered
- Conceptualize and design buildings and develop plans describing design specifications, building materials, costs and construction schedules
- Prepare sketches and models for clients
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of drawings, specifications and other construction documents for use by contractors and tradespersons
- Prepare bidding documents, participate in contract negotiations and award construction contracts
- Monitor activities on construction sites to ensure compliance with specifications
- Conduct feasibility studies and financial analyses of building projects.
- Architects may specialize in a particular type of construction such as residential, commercial, industrial or institutional.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of architecture or Completion of the syllabus of studies from the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) is required.
- A master’s degree in architecture may be required.
- Completion of a three-year internship under the supervision of a registered architect is required.
- Completion of the architect registration examination is required.
- Registration with a provincial regulatory body is required in all provinces and the Northwest Territories.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is offered by the Canada Green Building Council and may be required by some employers.
- Progression to senior positions, such as chief architect, is possible with experience.
- Architecture and science managers (0212)
- Database architects (in 2172 Database analysts and data administrators)
- Landscape architects (2152)
- Naval architects (in 2148 Other professional engineers, n.e.c.)
- Software architects (in 2173 Software engineers and designers)
- Structural engineers (in 2131 Civil engineers)
- Technical architects, hardware (in 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers))
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.