Apply for Canada PR visa-2231 Civil engineering technologists and technicians
Civil engineering technologists and technicians
Civil engineering technologists and technicians provide technical support and services to scientists, engineers and other professionals, or may work independently in fields such as structural engineering, municipal engineering, construction design and supervision, highways and transportation engineering, water resources engineering, geotechnical engineering and environmental protection. They are employed by consulting engineering and construction companies, public works, transportation and other government departments and in many other industries.
- agricultural engineering technician
- air pollution field technician
- architectural and engineering technologists and technicians supervisor
- bridge design technician
- building materials technician
- civil engineering design technologist
- civil engineering studies technologist
- civil engineering technician
- civil engineering technologist
- concrete technician
- construction engineering technician
- construction requirements writer
- construction specifications writer
- construction technician
- construction technician – civil engineering
- construction technologist
- corrosion technician
- corrosion technologist
- environmental technician
- foundation technologist
- highway construction materials testing technician
- highway technician
- highway traffic technician
- land use technician
- materials testing technician
- materials testing technologist
- measures technician
- municipal engineering assistant
- noise abatement technician
- noise reduction technician
- pollution control technician
- railway technician
- road technician
- road traffic technician
- soil technologist – civil engineering
- soil testing technologist
- soil testing technologist – civil engineering
- solid waste disposal technician
- structural design technologist
- structural engineering technician
- structural investigator
- traffic technician – civil engineering
- traffic technologist
- urban planning technician
- water distribution systems technician
Civil engineering technologists and technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
Civil engineering technologists
- Develop conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches
- Prepare construction specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections or technical investigations of topography, soils, drainage and water supply systems, road and highway systems, buildings and structures to provide data for engineering projects
- Conduct or supervise inspection and testing of construction materials
- May supervise, monitor and inspect construction projects.
Civil engineering technicians
- Assist in developing engineering specifications and drawings
- Participate in field surveys, inspections or technical investigations of topography, soils, drainage and water supply systems, road and highway systems, buildings and structures to provide data for engineering projects
- Perform other technical functions in support of civil engineering activities.
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in civil engineering technology or a closely related discipline is usually required for civil engineering technologists.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college program in civil engineering technology is usually required for civil engineering technicians.
- Certification in civil engineering technology or in a related field is available through provincial associations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians and may be required for some positions.
- A period of supervised work experience, usually two years, is required before certification.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body for professional technologists is required to use the title “Professional Technologist.”
- There is mobility to related occupations, such as drafting technologists and technicians and construction inspectors and estimators.
- Progression to construction supervisors or construction managers is possible with experience.
- Architectural technologists and technicians (2251)
- Construction estimators (2234)
- Construction inspectors (2264)
- Construction managers (0711)
- Drafting technologists and technicians (2253)
- Land survey technologists and technicians (2254)
- Urban and land use planners (2153)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.