Apply for Canada PR visa-2233 Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the development of production methods, facilities and systems, and the planning, estimating, measuring and scheduling of work. They are employed by manufacturing and insurance companies, government departments, and establishments in other industries.
- 3D CNC (computer numerical control) programmer
- CAD/CAM programmer
- CNC (computer numerical control) programmer
- CNC (computer numerically controlled) technologist
- CNC/CMM (computer numerically controlled coordinate measuring machine) programmer
- computer numerical control (CNC) Mastercam programmer
- computer numerically controlled coordinate measuring machine (CNC/CMM) programmer
- computer-assisted design/computer-assisted manufacturing (CAD/CAM) programmer
- fabric design technologist
- fire protection technician – manufacturing
- industrial engineering analyst
- industrial engineering technician
- industrial engineering technologist
- injection moulding technician
- inventory control technician
- loss prevention technologist – manufacturing
- manufacturing cost estimator
- manufacturing technician
- manufacturing technician – industrial engineering
- manufacturing technologist
- materials handling technician
- methods designer
- NC (numerical control) programmer
- numerically controlled machine tool programmer (except operators)
- numerically controlled tool programmer
- operations research technologist
- planning technician
- plant layout technician
- plastics manufacturing technician
- plastics moulding technician
- plastics technician
- production and quality control technologist
- production control technologist
- production planning technician
- production technologist – sawmill
- programmer, computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing, numerical control (CAD/CAM NC)
- pulp and paper manufacturing technologist
- pulp and paper technician
- pulp and paper technologist
- quality assurance technologist
- quality control technician (except chemical)
- quality control technologist – industrial engineering
- quality control technologist (except chemical)
- scheduling technician – manufacturing
- textile technician
- textile technologist
- time study analyst
- time study technologist
- tool programming technologist
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists
- Develop and conduct production, inventory and quality assurance programs in manufacturing or in other industries
- Design plant layouts and production facilities
- Develop and carry out work study and related programs
- Develop and carry out industrial health, safety and fire prevention plans and programs and conduct safety training programs
- Develop applications using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for the control of robots, computer numerical control (CNC) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technicians
- Assist in the design of plant layouts
- Conduct work measurement or other studies
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the development of estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
- Collect and analyze data and samples in support of quality assurance and industrial health and safety programs
- Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machine or equipment controls, oversee production and inspect processes.
- Technologists and technicians in this unit group may specialize in the development of production processes, quality assurance programs, plans and schedules in a particular industrial area such as metal fabrication, plastics, pulp and paper, or textile manufacturing.
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program or equivalent in industrial engineering technology, pulp and paper technology, plastics technology, textile technology, manufacturing technology or a related discipline is usually required for industrial engineering or manufacturing technologists.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college program in industrial engineering technology or in a related discipline is usually required for industrial engineering or manufacturing technicians.
- Certification in industrial engineering or manufacturing technology or in a related field is available through provincial or territorial associations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians and may be required for some positions.
- A period of supervised work experience, usually two years, is required before certification.
- A college diploma in manufacturing technology and/or trade certification and experience in machining and tooling or metalworking is required for CAD-CAM/CNC programmers.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body is required to use the title “Professional Technologist.”
- There is mobility to related fields such as technical sales.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.
- Machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades (723)
- Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade (6221)
- Textile technologists/technicians working in support of chemical dyeing and finishing and quality control technologists/technicians in food or chemical industries or laboratories (in2211 Chemical technologists and technicians)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.