Apply for Canada PR visa-2261 Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians
Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians
Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians operate radiographic, ultrasonic, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current and similar testing equipment to detect discontinuities in objects of various compositions and materials. They are employed by quality control, maintenance and safety departments of manufacturing, processing, transportation, energy and other companies and by private industrial inspection establishments.
- acoustic emission technician
- acoustic emission tester
- aircraft non-destructive inspection technician
- black light technician – non-destructive testing
- boiler tester
- dye penetrant technician
- dye penetrant tester
- eddy current technician
- eddy current tester
- fluorescent penetrant testing technician
- fluoroscope tester
- forging tester
- hydrostatic tester
- industrial radiographer
- industrial radiographer – radiotelephony
- infrared technician
- infrared tester
- infrared thermographer
- infrared thermography technician
- liquid penetrant technician – non-destructive testing
- liquid penetrant testing technician
- magnetic particle technician
- magnetic particle tester
- magnetic particle testing technician
- maintenance technician – non-destructive testing (NDT)
- non-destructive examination technician
- non-destructive examiner
- non-destructive inspection technician
- non-destructive inspection tester
- non-destructive inspector
- non-destructive test technician
- non-destructive tester
- non-destructive testing maintenance (NDT) technician
- non-destructive testing trainee
- pipe tester – non-destructive testing
- pipeline testing technician – non-destructive testing
- pressure tank tester
- pressure vessel tester
- qualified operator – non-destructive testing
- radiographic technician – non-destructive testing
- radiographic tester
- reflectoscope tester
- ultrasonic immersion tester
- ultrasonic technician – non-destructive testing
- ultrasonic tester
- ultrasonic testing technician
- ultraviolet light testing technician
- vibration analysis technician – non-destructive testing
- visual inspection technician – welding
- weld tester
Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
- Set up and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment
- Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using ultrasonic, radiographic, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, eddy current and other non-destructive testing methods
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations
- Interpret radiographs, cathode ray tube (CRT) or digital readouts, conductivity meters and visual indicators
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results
- Organize and report test results
- May perform specialized inspections using acoustic emission, vibration analysis, infrared thermography and laser shearography testing methods
- May instruct and supervise trainees.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of two years of an approved post-secondary science or engineering program may be required.
- Additional classroom and on-the-job training is required for certification in non-destructive testing.
- Non-destructive testing certification by Natural Resources Canada is available in three levels and is usually required by employers.
- Industrial radiographers using a radioactive isotope must pass an examination to be recognized as a certified exposure device operator by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission.
- Welding inspector certification by the Canadian Welding Bureau is available in three levels and may be required by employers.
- Boiler and pressure vessel, process pipeline and above-ground storage tank inspector certification is available from the American Petroleum Institute.
- Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers (2262)
- Radiographic or ultrasonic equipment operating occupations in medical laboratories or hospitals (in 321 Medical technologists and technicians (except dental health))
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.