Apply for Canada PR visa-4311 Police officers (except commissioned)
Police officers (except commissioned)
Police officers protect the public, detect and prevent crime and perform other activities directed at maintaining law and order. They are employed by municipal and federal governments and some provincial and regional governments.
- police cadet
- police officer
- crime prevention constable
- harbour police officer
- community relations officer – police
- police sergeant
- railway police officer
- RCMP officer
- detective – police
- highway patrol officer
Police officers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Patrol assigned areas to maintain public safety and order and to enforce laws and regulations
- Investigate crimes and accidents, execute search warrants, secure evidence, interview witnesses, compile notes and reports and provide testimony in courts of law
- Apprehend and arrest criminal suspects
- Provide emergency assistance to victims of accidents, crimes and natural disasters
- Participate in crime prevention, public information and safety programs
- May supervise and coordinate the work of other police officers.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program or university degree in law and security or in the social sciences is usually required.
- A three- to the six-month police training program is required.
- Physical agility, strength, fitness and vision requirements must be met, and psychological or other tests are also required.
- Experience as a constable and the completion of specialized courses are required for detectives and sergeants.
- Specialized training or certification may be required for certain areas of policing.
- Progression to commissioned police officer positions is possible with additional training and experience.
- By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers, n.e.c. (4423)
- Commissioned police officers (0431)
- Private detectives (in 6541 Security guards and related security service occupations)
- Sheriffs and bailiffs (4421)
Source: This content has been taken from the official website of CIC
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.