HongKong Study Visa
Hong Kong is the Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China. Hong Kong is one of the best cities in the world to study at. Hong Kong has a developed economy as it was already developed under as a Great Britain colony. Its developed economy is the reason behind peoples increasing migration rate in Hong Kong. Its developed economy has been creating a lot of opportunities for students. That’s the reason why studying in Hong Kong is popular with foreigners. Every year many students migrate to Hong Kong in order to pursue an education in Hong Kong.
What is a study visa?
A student visa is a kind of endorsement that is added to a passport of a student who is enrolled at qualified educational institutes by the government of the country in which a student is interested in migrating to.
A student visa is nothing but a permission granted by Hong Kong’s government to the students who are migrating to Hong Kong to pursue an education in educational institutes of Hong Kong. So in order to get an education in some other country, a student must be a student visa card hold or else he/she will not be allowed to enter that country.
Why To Choose Hong Kong For Study?
If you are willing to go abroad for your study then Hong Kong is the best place for you as it will serve you the best quality of life along with the best education systems all over the world. Also, Hong Kong is a leading destination for students all over the world. It provides the best education at the reasonable cost of tuition fees and quality institutes.
Benefits oF Studying In HongKong
If you want to study in Hong Kong then there are some lucrative benefits for a student. As compared to other countries, Hong Kong provides a quality education to a student at a reasonable cost. Cost of living and education in Hong Kong is affordable. That means a student will get a good education at a cost that can be easily afforded. Also, accommodation for a student in Hong Kong is fully affordable. Because of its highly developed economy, Hong Kong has a lot of job opportunities for the student which creates a path to their brighter future. There are top international companies and banks in Hong Kong which provides employment opportunities to the graduates. You can find the best food in Hong Kong with a lot of varieties. Also, there are many tourist spots in Hong Kong to explore.
Eligibility For HongKong Study Visa
An applicant is eligible for this Visa, if he or she meets the following requirements:
- The applicant must be admitted to a private school registered under the Education Ordinance (Cap. 279) or Post Secondary Colleges Ordinance (Cap. 320). Except for post-secondary education, entry for study in public or aided schools (other than English Schools Foundation Schools and Direct Subsidy Scheme Schools) is not permitted
- The applicants must choose to study in a full-time locally-accredited local program that includes a short-term course or part-time locally-accredited taught the postgraduate local program
- The applicants must be admitted on exchange in the full-time locally-accredited local program at a sub-degree level that should not be more than 6 months or on exchange in full-time locally-accredited local or non-local program for not more than one year at the undergraduate or above level
- The applicants must be enrolled in a full-time course on the register of non-local higher education or professional courses as set up under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance (Cap. 493)
- The applicants must be between 5 years and 8 months to 11 years in the case of primary education and must be below 20 years in the case of secondary education
- The applicants must have received a acceptance letter from school for confirmation
- The applicants must be financially strong enough to meet the needs of educations fees, and accommodation in Hong Kong
Eligibility for dependents
Eligible applicants are allowed to bring their spouse and unmarried dependent children who are below the age of 18 years under the prevailing dependant policy. Eligible candidates will be a sponsor for their accompanying dependants to Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR). The applications for admission of a dependant must meet the following requirements:
- There must be a reasonable proof of the relationship between the applicant and the dependant.
- There must be no known record to the detriment of the dependent
- The sponsor must be strong enough to meet the requirements of living of the accompanying dependant.