This visa is for all those people who are partner and spouse of an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia. This visa allows them to live with their partner and spouse in Australia as a permanent resident.
Australia Partner visa (subclass 309) is a temporary partner visa. This visa is issued to an applicant first which allows them to stay with their partner and spouse in Australia while the permanent partner visa (Subclass 100) is processed.
The permanent partner visa (Subclass 100) is a two-step process.
To apply for this visa, an applicant first needs to be granted a temporary partner visa (Subclass 309). An applicant can apply for both the visas together and will need to pay only one fee. Once an applicant is issued the temporary partner visa (Subclass 309), he or she can apply for the permanent partner visa (Subclass 100).
Processing time for Australia Partnership Visa Subclass 308/100
The process time for applications can vary case to case and can also vary due to individual circumstances like:
- whether the candidate has lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly candidate respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program
- For citizenship applications, the time taken to attend a Citizenship Ceremony or receive a Citizenship Certificate.
Long term relationship
People who are in a long-term relationship can also apply for this visa. An applicant will be considered to be in a long-term relationship if they had been with their partner for
- two years or more
- two and more years and they have a dependent child
The Applicants in a long-term relationship can be granted the permanent partner visa (Subclass 100) immediately after the temporary partner visa (Subclass 309)
Eligibility For Australia Partner Visa Subclass 309/100
- If an applicant is married then the applicant’s age must be 18 or older at the time of applying for this application.
If an applicant is in a de facto relationship, then the applicant’s age be at least 18 years.
De facto relationship
Two people are considered to be in the de facto relationship if:
- They are not legally married
- They are committed to sharing their life with each other
- Their relationship is genuine
- They live together and are not related by family
- An Applicant must be the spouse (married) or a de facto partner of an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia.
- In order to apply for this visa, an applicant must have a sponsor that will be their partner or spouse.
- An applicant must meet the health and character requirements.
Benefits For Australia Partner Visa Subclass 309/100
- This visa will allow you to live with your partner permanently.
- A candidate who is a holder of this visa is free to live and work as a permanent resident.
- A candidate with this visa can access the Medicare healthcare scheme