Skilled Independent Visa is the most popular Australian Visa among the immigrants across the world. This visa has been designed for those skilled migrants, who don’t have any sponsorship from the state, territory, employer, or a family member in Australia. The selection for this visa is done solely based on your skills, experience, and profile score since it’s a point based visa. This visa offers permanent residency in Australia to you and your accompanying family members.
This stream is for Points-tested skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government. It allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
For the Skilled Independent (Points-tested) stream you need to submit an expression of interest.
- You must:
- have a relevant occupation
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- meet the points test pass mark of 60 points
- be under 45 years of age at the time of invitation
- have Competent English
- be invited by us to apply.
Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) via SkillSelect with details of your nominated occupation, skills, and qualifications. SkillSelect will estimate a points score and rank you against other intending migrants.
If you are ranked high enough and there are places available for your nominated occupation, you will be invited to apply for the visa.
If you are invited, you have 60 calendar days to apply for the visa. We will then process your visa application.
|75 percent of applications processed||90 percent of applications processed|
|7 Months||8 Months|
To apply for this visa you first need to choose an occupation from SOL (Skilled Occupation List) of Australia and then submit the online EOI (Expression of Interest). If your profile is selected, you will get the invitation to apply for a visa within the period of 60 days.
Key Requirements of Subclass 189 Visa
To apply for this visa an applicant must:-
- Choose occupations listed in (Skilled occupation list) of Australia.
- Score at least 60 points based on his/her profile factors, i.e. Age, Qualification, Experience, English proficiency and other such components if applicable (Click here to calculate your point).
- Be under 50 years of age.
- Have positive skills assessment form the recognized assessing authority
- Must get the appropriate IELTS score to prove English Proficiency
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Get the valid health and character certifications.
Benefits of the visa:-
This visa allows you and your family to:
- Live and work in Australia indefinitely.
- Study full time in Australia at any grade of learning whether it is school, graduate, postgraduate, or vocational education at domestic scholar rates.
- Get subsidized healthcare facilities
- Get certain social security benefits/ payments.
- Apply for Australian citizenship after spending specific time in Australia.
- Sponsor a family member for permanent or temporary residency in Australia
How many subclasses 189 visa costs:-
- Independent (Subclass 189) visa-3600$(Primary Applicant)
- Dependent Applicant fees 18 and over-1800 $
- Dependent Applicant fees 18 and under-900 $
Countrywide Visas fees:-
- Medical Examination:-To be paid directly to the doctor conducting medical examination
- Police check:-To the corresponding authorities in the respective countries where you have lived for more than 6/12 months depending on the visa subclass
Certification/Translation of the documents, depending on the certifying person and number of copies to be certified.
Work in Australia, first you have to know what is the eligibility criteria and rights of the foreign workers to work in Australia? and further looking to work in Australia? Know About ANZSCO Classifications of Occupations in Australia
If you are applying for the Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189), Countrywide Visas can be your trusted mentor and guide. We have a team of certified migration experts for Australia, who have a thorough knowledge of all the visa subclasses and point-based immigration system of Australia.
All you need to do is fill the free assessment form, the expert at Countrywide Visas will assess your profile and give you a call back with complete assessment report and key suggestion and advice as to how you can secure your subclass 189 visa.
You may also call the expert directly to book the free appointment or contact nos. 7042592446 / 7042390774 (Delhi).