Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) is a visa designed for skilled workers. This visa allows skilled workers to live and work in Australia. Through this scheme, Australian employers can nominate highly skilled overseas workers to work and live in Australia as a permanent resident. In a way, it’s an opportunity for skilled workers to get nominated for work and stay in Australia as a permanent resident.
This visa has no expiry date. Any worker who is a holder of this visa can stay permanently in Australia. He can live and work in Australia indefinitely. This visa allows a skilled worker to work in Australia under one of three streams:
The Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) Streams
This stream is for all those skilled workers whose employer wants to sponsor them for permanent residence in Australia. Skilled workers are eligible for this stream if they meet the following requirements:
- Candidate must be a holder of Temporary skill shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482) in the medium-term stream unless transitional arrangements apply.
- A candidate must hold the temporary work (Skilled( visa (Subclass 457) – not granted under labour agreement arrangements or
- Related associated Bridging Visa
Also, candidates should have worked full-time for their employer In Australia on their TSS or Subclass 457 visas. That work must meet the following requirements:
- That work must be for at least three years out of four past years in the same positions that they have been nominated for
- That work must be of two years out of three past years if the transitional arrangements apply.
Directly Entry (DE) stream
This stream is designed for all those skilled workers who want to immigrate to Australia to work but are unable to meet the eligibility conditions of The Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) Streams. Thus, skilled workers whose employer wants to sponsor them but they do not qualify for The Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) Streams can migrate to Australia through this stream.
Labour Agreement (LA) stream
This stream is designed for all those skilled workers whose employer wants to sponsor them for permanent resident in Australia and that employer has entered into a labour agreement with the department that provides for a permanent residence pathway.
The process time for applications can vary case to case and can also vary due to individual circumstances like:
- whether the candidate have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly candidate respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program
- For citizenship applications, the time taken to attend a Citizenship Ceremony or receive a Citizenship Certificate.
Common eligibility for skilled workers
- In order to apply for this visa, a candidate must have been nominated by an employer of Australia and that nomination must have been approved within the six months before applying for this.
- Candidates age should not be more than 45 years
- Candidates must have the required skill and qualifications for the position they have been nominated for.
- Candidates must have appropriate English Language skills
- Candidates must meet the health and character requirements.
- Candidate must meet the requirements of the streams in which they are applying for.
Who can sponsor skilled workers?
An employer is allowed to nominated skilled workers under this visa if they meet the following requirements:
- There should be no adverse information about their business or any other person associated with that business
- The skilled workers they are nominating should be eligible for any mandatory registration, license or professional membership
- The employer should obey the Australian immigration and workplace relations laws
- An Employer is allowed t nominate a skilled worker only for above mentioned three streams
- A candidate who is a holder of this visa is free to live and work as a permanent resident.
- A candidate who is a holder of this visa can work and study in Australia
- A candidate with this visa can access the Medicare healthcare scheme
- A candidate can get a basic and advanced education in Australia
- Opportunity to apply for Citizenship. After spending a certain time in Australia, a candidate can apply for Citizenship
- The candidates can travel to and from Australia for five years.
- A candidate can sponsor their relatives for permanent resident in Australia
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfill your dreams of settling abroad.