Canada is one of the best countries to raise kids with cultural diversity, social security benefits, advanced infrastructure facilities, quality of life, etc. Thus, Canada is a great place to live and work. Also, Canada is ranked number one in quality of life. That means, if you are living in Canada with your family, you will be able to give the best quality of your family.
What is a Canada Family visa?
A Canada Family visa is a way to sponsor your family to immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident. Through this category, family members can reunite with their loved ones in Canada.
In simple words, this visa helps one of your family members to become a permanent resident of Canada. That family member can be anyone like your spouse, your children, your parents or anyone else.
That means your relatives can live, work and study in Canada once they get Canada PR Visa. One can sponsor his or her family members or relatives through this program for permanent residency status in Canada.
You can sponsor only if:
- You are at least 18 years old and:
- Canadian citizen or,
- A person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
- A permanent resident of Canada.
Benefits of Canada Family visa
There are many benefits of family visa for Canada including:
- Multicultural society
In Canada, you will be having the most peaceful and multicultural environment in Canada. People of Canada are very frank, and you will not feel uncomfortable being with them. There are also lots of ethnic clubs and associations for immigrants. So, it will be easy for you to find ethnic food from different cultures.
- Healthy and safe communities
As Canada is ranked number one in quality life so, there are fewer safety issues compared to other countries. Being a student, you will be treated equally as a Canadian student is treated. So sponsoring your family means providing a healthy and safe environment for your family.
- Quality Life
Canada is known for serving the best quality of life. This visa will help you to serve the best quality of life to your closed ones also.
Living in Canada is not so expensive whether you are a permanent resident or a tourist. Since Canada is ranked number one in quality of life, therefore you will get a quality life at a reasonable cost
- Quality education
Along with life quality, Canada is on top of quality education also. That means you will be able to serve the best quality of education to your children’s if you are sponsoring them in Family visa. That also means your children’s future will be bright in Canada.
When it comes to moving to Canada with family members, the governing authorities of Canada are lenient and offers liberal eligibilities. Let us understand immigration particular for different family members like spouse, children, parents and grandparents.
Eligibility of Dependent Child
- Should be less than 22 years and don’t have any spouse and common-law partner.
- Over 22 years of Age but should satisfy either of two conditions Mention below
- Should be engaged in the full-time on-going study
- Should be financially dependent on parents since before 22 years of age
- If a child has a spouse or common-law partner before turning 22 then he should:-
- Should be engaged in the full-time on-going study
- Should be financially dependent on parents since they become a spouse and common-law partner.
- If the child is over 22 years of Age he should be financially dependent on parents due to physical or mental conditions.
Eligibility for spouse:
The government of Canada accepts an individual to be your spouse or common-law partner if that individual is living with you for at least one year. The best part is, there is no need to make a separate application form for the spouse.
Eligibility for grandparents and parents:
Once the primary applicant cleared the minimum residence time there to sponsor any other individual PR, then he/she can call on their parents or grandparents to Canada. So if you also want to sponsor your parents or grandparents, then make sure that you have checked the below-listed eligibility criteria once.
Applicant must be at least 18 years old and live in Canada as a Canadian resident or permanent resident of Canada.
He/she must have enough money to support parents/ grandparents in Canada. For that, the government requires proof of income.
However, there are certain circumstances, when the government of Canada will not allow an individual to sponsor parents/grandparents like:
- When an individual is in jail or penalized
- When an individual didn’t pay back or missed the loan, bond or court-ordered family support in the past.
- When an individual is declared bankrupt.
Eligibility of other sponsored relative
An individual can sponsor
- His brothers, sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship.
- Any another relative of any age or relationship but only under specific conditions (see Note below)
- Accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).
Note: You can sponsor only one relative regardless of age or relationship if you do not have a living spouse or common-law partner, conjugal partner, a son or daughter, parent, grandparent, sibling, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece who could be sponsored as a member of the family class. Moreover, you do not have any relative who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident or registered as an Indian under the Indian Act.
As of November 5, 2011, no new applications to sponsor parents or grandparents will be accepted for processing for up to 24 months.
Fee for Canadian Family Visa
- The right of Permanent Residence Fee-490 CAD
- Principal applicant-475
- Principal applicant, if less than 22 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner (including a dependent child of the sponsor, a child to be adopted and an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew, or grandchild)-75 CAD
- A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner-550 CAD
- A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner-150 CAD
How to apply for Canadian Family Visa?
If you are interested in Family visa Program and want to learn more about documents and procedure kindly contact countrywide visas. Countrywide visas is one of the fastest growing Immigration consultancies with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com.You may also fill theTechnical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfill your dreams of settling abroad.