The spouse visa is a sub-category of family visa. The visa allows citizens and permanent residents of Canada to sponsor the following for Canadian permanent residency:
- Spouse: Sponsor is a partner of a sponsor who is legally married to him/her and has gone through a completely legal process in the native country for obtaining a marriage certificate.
- Common-law partner: The common-law partnership constitutes two individuals either of same-sex or different sex, and both have been living together for at least one year.
- Conjugal partner: Sometimes, due to certain circumstances, which are beyond the control, the sponsored individual is not able to live with his/her partner. Reasons may be immigration barrier, marital status, sexual orientation and more.
So, an interested and eligible individual can sponsor his/her spouse, or common-law partner or conjugal partner via a spouse visa.
Eligibility for a sponsor for spouse visa includes:
- Applicants’ age must be of 18 years or more
- He/she must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- He/she should not involve in any criminal activity in the past
- He/she must not have been sponsored to Canada as a spouse in the past five years
Now, here the next question is – if an individual is able to sponsor his/her spouse, then how long does he/she need to wait for the processing of the application?
Processing time for Canada spouse visa:
In general, the Canadian government takes around 12 months to process the application, which comes under the spouse visa.
Reasons for variation in the processing time of applications of Canada spouse visa
Documents are necessary for concerned authorities to check the eligibility of an applicant for the respective program. So if the given information and documents are not complete or contain errors, or copies are difficult to read, then the authorities may ask to fix these issues first or to resubmit the documents. It delays the processing time for the application or in the worst cases, leads to rejection of the application.
Numbers of applications:
Sometimes, a large number of applications increase the time for verification of documents and information, which leads to longer delays in the processing of applications.
Non-payment of fees:
Like every other immigration program, there is a certain fee for a spouse visa which ones need to pay for processing the application for approval. So, if the candidate fails to pay fees on time, then it may add days or weeks in the processing time of his/her application.
The nationality of the candidate:
Sometimes, the reason for varying the processing time is the nationality of an applicant. As in earlier days, the applications went to nearest visa offices for processing, however now, applications can send to any visa office across the world for efficient processing. Processing time for the spouse visa application varies according to the visa centers. The following is the list of processing time for different visa offices.
|visa office||processing times of person being sponsored (in months)|
|United Arab Emirates||15|
For further information related to Canada spouse visa, do contact experts of countrywide visas. Countrywide visas is one of the fastest growing Immigration consultancies with a large, devoted team of Immigration experts offers hassle-free and professional services to its clients for filing their applications for various immigration programs.
You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.