Applying for a Student Visa in Canada will see you go through a process that can at times be frustrating but very rewarding when you are able to enjoy the lavish lifestyle and fun teachings of Canada’s most amazing Colleges and Universities. Here are a few common questions with answers that you’ll need to know when it comes to moving over to the cooler climate of the South American Country.
Why Do you need a Student Visa?
The first thing you need to find out is, if you need a Visa to study in Canada then you have to be a Citizen of another Country. This will almost certainly be a “YES”, however, there may be a few reasons why you might not have to apply for a Visa to be able to study there.
- You could be a member of a foreign armed force that comes under the Visiting armed forces act. In which case you do NOT need to apply.
- A family member you may have that is accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development in Canada.
- You have an Indian status registered in Canada which will only be granted if you have been to Canada before.
- You will also still need Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to be able to fly and travel to Canada.
Should any of these be true you will not need to apply for a Student Visa however even though you do not have to directly apply you will still need to be accepted into a University. (Information on Acceptance letters below)
How much is needed to apply for a Student/Study Visa in Canada plus expenses required to live there?
Canada is one of the more expensive Countries in the World to live in. The famed City of Toronto is the 3rd most expensive place to live as of 2017 and with employment and travel only increasing so shall the cost of living.
As well as your tuition fees, you will need to include and provide proof that you have enough funds to support yourself in Canada which is deemed to be between C$10,000 or US$7,070 annually. Being able to support yourself either through working or staying with friends or family is vital when coming to one of the most popular Countries for travel in 2018.
How To Apply For Study Visa :-
1) An acceptance letter will be required. For this, you will need to pick and then be accepted by one of the many places you can potentially study in Canada. An acceptance letter by a Canadian University will be needed for when you apply for a Student Visa, this must be done first before you apply online or offline for your Visa for Canada.
2) Secondly, you will need to visit and apply for your Canadian Student Visa at the CIC website. (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) this will need to be done before you come to Canada. This can also be done on paper in the correct location in your native or current Country.
Here is a small list of some of the best, more renowned Universities in Canada that you may want to consider:
1. The University of British Columbia.
2. Athabasca University.
3. York University.
4. The University of Toronto.
5. The University of Winnipeg.
There are of course many more great places, locations and colleges to study as well as some amazingly beautiful Cities that you may want to think about both studying, living and maybe later on working in.
NOTE: You must not have a Criminal record to be able to apply for a Student Visa, should you have a Criminal record or been convicted of any crime you must first check to see with your Immigration office if you will be allowed to enter the Country.
Health and Medical Information that is REQUIRED to enter the Country.
When you apply for a Student Visa you will need to have your Health and condition checked. Medical examinations are required and the proof will need to be given by your medical professional or Doctor. Your right to apply for a Visa could be rejected should not be in the condition needed and have a good, updated medical record.
So let’s go through everything you have so far and see if you’re ready to enter the Country of Canada to Student your topic of choice.
–You now have your Acceptance letter for your chosen University.
-You have a passport that is valid and has 2 recent (6 months) photographs of yourself with your name and date of birth written on the back of both photos.
NOTE: Passports need to have a recently renewed picture on within the 6 month period before you travel to Canada.
–You have financial proof that you can support yourself in Canada plus the require tuition fees.
-A medical letter stating your current health condition.
-Proof that you have paid for your Student Permit Visa, 150 CAD to be exact.
-The complete application form for your Student Visa that will require the information above done either online or offline.
With this now done and your Application submitted you have now completed every stage needed to be granted a Student Visa.