The QMAS visa or Quality Migrant Admission Scheme is a Quota-based scheme designed for skilled persons who want to stay in Hong Kong for exploring employment or business startup opportunities. This scheme aims to attract highly skilled or talented persons to migrate and settle in Hong Kong so that they can enhance the economic competitiveness of Hong Kong. In a way, Quality Migrant Admission Scheme provides an opportunity to highly skilled persons to migrate and settle in Hong Kong as Hong Kong is the second highest ranked Asian government in the World Economic Forum’s Network Readiness Index (NRI).
Under this scene, the applicants don’t need to have an employment offer letter to migrate in Hong Kong. This scheme is a points-based scheme in which the applicants are awarded points under one of the two points-based tests. Those two points-based tests are General points test and Achievement-based points test. The applicants are allowed to take their spouse and children who are under the age of 18 years and are unmarried. They must be capable of supporting and accommodating their dependants on their own financial resources without relying on public assistance in Hong Kong.
There are five steps of its mechanism:
Requirements For QMAS Visa
In order to become eligible for QMAS visa, skilled applicants meet to meet the following requirements:
- The applicants must be 18 years or more while applying for this application. The applicants below this age are not eligible for this visa.
- The applicants must be financially strong enough to meet the requirements of accommodation.
- The applicants must have a good character. That means, the applicants must have no record that involves any criminal activity of the applicants.
- The applicant who want to migrate to Hong Kong must be proficient in written and spoken English or Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese)
- The applicants must belong to a good education background. A first degree from a recognized university or a territory educational institute is enough for this visa.
- Also, good technical qualifications, proven professional abilities or experience and achievements supported by documentary evidence may be considered.
The applicants who fulfil the eligibility criteria for QMAS visa will have an option to choose the points-based test. They can decide under which test they want to apply. For General points test, there are five point-scoring factors. Based on these factors, the applicants have rewarded points. For Achievement-based points test, there is one point-scoring factor.
In General points test, a minimum passing mark is set which is required to score by an applicant in order to qualify for this QMAS visa.
The applicants who choose Achievement-based Points Test are required to assess whether their credentials are enough to meet the minimum passing marks before submitting an application.
Selection Exercise For HongKong QMAS Visa
This will be done on a regular basis for quota allocation to applicants.
In this step, the applicants who are eligible for QMAS and have scored minimum passing marks in General Points Test or the one point-scoring factor (under Achievement-based Points Test) will have received a total score. Based on their score, the applicants will be given ranks.
The applicants who have scored highest score will be short-listed for further process. Meeting the eligibility criteria, scoring high rank, getting passing marks all these things does not guarantee the of quota allotment.
The approval-in-principal letter will be issued to all those applicants who are allotted a quota in the above-mentioned selection process. Those applicants will require to come to Hong Kong for the face to face interview and to show all the related original documents. The approval-in-principal letter doesn’t guarantee the approval of applicants stay in Hong Kong
The issue of visa/entry permit
In this step, the applicants have issued a visa if all the original documents are satisfactorily verified and all relevant application procedures are finalized
Successful applicants who accomplished all the five above mentioned step have issued a visa to migrate and settle in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong has a cheap living. That means the living expenditure in Hong Kong is relatively low as compared to other developed countries
- The income tax rate is also very low in Hong Kong which makes it an attractive destination for migrants
- Hong Kong is a home away from home. There is no racial discrimination
- Hong Kong serves free education to the child of an immigrant.
- The applicant will get the chance to explore Hong Kong. It has wonderful tourist spots
- The applicants will get a chance to live in a highly developed economy as Hong Kong is the second highest ranked Asian government in the World Economic Forum’s Network Readiness Index (NRI).
Hong Kong is one of the best cities in the world to work at. Its developed economy is the reason behind peoples increasing migration rate in Hong Kong. Its developed economy has been creating a lot of opportunities for students.
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.You may also fill theTechnical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.