The United Kingdom or the UK is a developed country that has the world’s fifth-largest economy by nominal GDP. It also has the world’s best universities for higher educations. Thus for a student, it has the best education system with a lot of career opportunities. The UK has a solid health care system with a rich culture. There are so many beautiful town and cities to explore in the UK. The UK has many endless creative opportunities for migrants. Thus, The UK is a great place for someone to live and start a family there.
What is UK Permanent Residency Visa?
Permanent residency is a status provided when someone immigrates to some other countries. A permanent resident of a country is given a PR card as a proof that they are a permanent resident of that country.
If a person belongs to some other country but that person is migrating to the UK because that person wants to live in The UK, then he or she will be issued a permanent resident card by the government of The UK. That person will be considered as a permanent resident of the UK.
The UK permanent residency is nothing but a status issued to a person who migrates to the UK as a permanent resident from another country.
Eligibility For UK PR Visa
In order to become eligible for the permanent residency visa, the applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must have lived with their EEA family member in the UK for a continuous 5 year period
- The applicant’s EEA family member has been a qualified person throughout the 5 years or has a permanent right of residence.
The applicants can also get permanent residence if they’ve lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years:
- The applicants must have lived as the extended family member of an EEA national and they’ve held a valid EEA family permit and a residence card throughout
- The applicants must have lived first as the family member of an EEA national and then with a retained right of residence
- The applicants must have lived as the family member of a British citizen if they entered the UK under the EU law after living in another EEA country
The applicants can get permanent residence before 5 years if either:
- They were living with their EEA national family member, who was working or self-employed in the UK, immediately before their death
- Their EEA national family member was working or self-employed in the UK but has ‘ceased activity’ (stopped work or self-employment because of retirement or permanent incapacity, or because they’re now working or self-employed in another EEA state but are still resident and return to the UK at least once a week)
Documents required for UK PR Visa
The applicant must be able to provide the following documents in respect to the:
- A current valid passport
- Two passport size colour photographs
- One passport size colour photograph of their European Economic Area (EEA) national (or British citizen) sponsor
- Their EEAfamily member’s valid passport or national identity card
- The applicants must have evidence of their relationship to their EEA family members – such as a marriage certificate, civil partnership certificate, birth certificate, or proof that they’ve lived together for 2 years if they’re unmarried
Benefits for UK Permanent Residency Visa
The United Kingdom or the UK is a developed country that has the world’s fifth-largest economy by nominal GDP. So it’s a good place for a migrant to live in a country with a strong economy. The UK has world-class educational institutions. For a student, it has the best education system with a lot of career opportunities. Thus if a person if migrating to the UK for study purpose, he or she will be getting the best education along with career opportunities The UK has many metropolitan centres. This creates a large number of jobs on offer. The UK has a huge demand for skilled people. So, the UK has a lot of career opportunities for migrants. The migrants in the UK also get an opportunity to apply for Britain citizenship. Also, there are a lot of tourist attractions in the UK for an immigrant. The Healthcare system of the UK is also very advanced.