The sportsperson visa is a part of work Permit scheme. This visa is for all those internationally established sportspeople and coaches at the highest level of their sport who want to migrate to the UK. The purpose behind their migration is the development of their sports career.
An applicant can apply for this visa if:
- The applicants are an elite sportsperson or a qualified coach recognized by their sport governing body as being at the highest level of their profession internationally.
- The applicant’s application must be endorsed by their sport’s governing body.
- The applicant’s employment will develop their sport in the UK at the highest level
- The applicants must be outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- The applicants must meet the eligibility criteria.
- The applicants should have the certificate of sponsorship from their sponsor as a proof.
Certificate of sponsorship
A certificate of sponsorship consists of personal details of the applicants and information about the job they’ve been offered. It’s an electronic record, not a paper document. The applicant’s sponsor will give them a certificate of sponsorship reference number to add to their application.
In order to become eligible for this Sportsperson visa in the UK, the applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- The applicants must have a valid certificate of sponsorship for their job
- The applicants may need to prove their knowledge of the English language while applying for this visa.
Ways to prove the knowledge of the English language:
Pass an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening
- The Applicants must have an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognized by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD
- The applicants must be strong enough to meet the requirements of their expenses in the UK
- The applicants must be able to show that they can travel and may need to show their travel history of the past five years.
- The applicants may need to show their tuberculosis test result.
- The applicants are allowed to work for the person who sponsored them in the job described in their certificate of sponsorship
- The applicants are allowed to do a second job in certain circumstances
- The applicants are allowed to play for their national team in the UK
- The applicants can work as a sports broadcaster
- The applicants can do voluntary work
- The applicants are allowed to study for this visa as long as that study doesn’t interfere with the job for which they are sponsored
- The applicants are allowed to travel abroad and return back
- The applicants are allowed to bring their family members along with them
- The applicants are not allowed to start a business in the UK
- The applicants will not get public funds
- The applicants are not allowed to work for a second job until they’ve started working for their sponsor
Fee For UK Sportsmanship Visa
The fee that an applicant has to pay depends on their situation
Who you’re applying for
|Apply||Extend or switch online||
Extend or switch in person (premium service)
You – as a national of Turkey or Macedonia
|£610 each person||£704 each person||
£1,314 each person
How long can a person stay on this visa?
If an applicant is migrating to the UK on the sportsperson visa, then that applicant is allowed to stay in the UK for 3 years. But this visa can be extended to a maximum of 6 years. Thus the duration of the sportsperson visa is 3 years.
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill theTechnical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfil your dreams of settling abroad.