This category is designed for those people who are a member of the professions with an advanced degree or equivalent to that, or a foreign national with exceptional ability. In order to apply for this category, all the applicants must meet the eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for EB-2 Visa
|Advanced Degree||The job for which the applicants apply for must require an advanced degree and you must possess such a degree or its equivalent (a baccalaureate degree plus 5 years progressive work experience in the field).||Documentation, such as an official academic record showing that the applicants have a U.S. advanced degree or a foreign equivalent degree, or an official academic record showing that the applicants have a U.S. baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent degree and letters from current or former employers showing that they have at least 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate work experience in the specialty.
|Exceptional Ability||The applicants must be able to show exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business. The Exceptional ability “means a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered in the sciences, arts, or business.”||The applicants must meet at least three of the criteria below.*|
|National Interest Waiver||Aliens seeking a national interest waiver are requesting that the Labor Certification be waived because it is in the interest of the United States. Though the jobs that qualify for a national interest waiver are not defined by statute, national interest waivers are usually granted to those who have an exceptional ability (see above) and whose employment in the United States would greatly benefit the nation. Those seeking a national interest waiver may self-petition (they do not need an employer to sponsor them) and may file their labor certification directly with USCIS along with their Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker.||The applicants must meet at least three of the criteria below* and demonstrate that it is in the national interest that they work permanently in the United States.|
Criteria for applying under USA EB-2 Visa
- The applicants must have an Official academic record showing that they have a degree, diploma, certificate, or similar award from a college, university, school, or other institution of learning relating to their area of exceptional ability
- The applicants must have the letters documenting at least 10 years of full-time experience in their occupation
- The applicants must have a license to practice their profession or certification for their profession or occupation
- The applicants must have an evidence that they have commanded a salary or other remuneration for services that demonstrate their exceptional ability
- The applicants must have a Membership in a professional association(s)
- The applicants must have a recognition for their achievements and significant contributions to their industry or field by their peers, government entities, professional or business organizations
- The applicants must have other comparable evidence of eligibility.