When it comes to Canada’s immigration, a large number of immigrants wish to immigrate to the Canadian province, Manitoba. The name Manitoba is believed to derive from “manitowapow” (Cree) or “manito bau” (Ojibway), which mean “straight of the spirit”. It is known across the world for its multiple job opportunities, pleasant weather, broad cultural acceptance and a healthy lifestyle.
It operates the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) as one of the flexible and fastest Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) to ease the entry of immigrants as Canadian Permanent Residents (PRs). However, these immigrants must-have skills and experience to be able to work in the province’s labour market.
In the recent Manitoba’s draw, the Governing Manitoba immigration body issued 173 invitations or Letters of Advice to Apply (LAAs) to candidates of Skilled Workers in Manitoba, Skilled Workers Overseas and International Education streams. In the draw, 29 invitations went to candidates of Express Entry Program which help them to get an additional of 600 points towards their express entry CRS score.
These draws follow the minimum eligibility criteria to accept applications for Manitoba immigration including age, education, work experience, language proficiency and more. Manitoba’s draws generally target skilled workers having work experience in any job enlisted in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) among other criteria.
Manitoba Occupation list Eligibility Checklist
The following is the checklist of eligibility criteria which needs to be fulfilled to become a permanent resident in Manitoba:
- An applicant’s age must be more than 21 years
- He/she must have an admission letter or fee receipt of past education or training, official experience letter from the previous employer for full-time, paid employment, applicable certification, licence or registration (regulatory requirements) necessary for your occupation in Manitoba
- He/she must have work experience or job offer in any job enlisted in Occupation in-demand list to meet the shortage of skilled labor in the province’s market
- He/she must have English or French proficiency to fulfil the duties of his/her job description provided in the National Occupation Classification
Manitoba PNP Application Procedure:
- submit the Expression of Interest
- Evaluation of profiles based on selection factors,
- Invitation round for high-scoring candidates through draws
- Filing application for permanent residency in Canada after getting the nomination through Manitoba Provincial Nominee program