This visa is designed for all those applicants who want to travel to Australia to do short-term, highly specialized and non-ongoing work. All those applicants who want to participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests can also apply for this visa.
Highly specialized: An applicant can apply for Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400) if the applicant has specialized skills, knowledge or experience that can assist Australian business and cannot reasonably be found in the Australian labour market.
The process time for applications can vary case to case and can also vary due to individual circumstances like:
- whether the candidate have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly candidate respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration program
For citizenship applications, the time taken to attend a Citizenship Ceremony or receive a Citizenship Certificate.
In order to become eligible for this visa, the applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Those work or activity which an applicant wants to do should be short-term and non-ongoing
- The applicants must be invited or supported by the organization they will be working for.
- The applicants must be in Australia to do the work or activity
- The applicants must have personal attributes or an employment background relevant to the work or activity
- The applicants must have enough money to support their needs while in Australia on this visa
- The applicants must have the support of the organization for which they will be working or for which they are invited
- The Applicants must meet the health and character requirements.
- The applicants can stay in Australia until the activation of this visa. It can be 3 to 6 months under some circumstances
- The applicants are allowed to do short-term, highly specialized, non-ongoing work
- The applicants are allowed to participate in an activity or work in limited circumstances
- The applicants are allowed to bring their family members. The family members will not be allowed to work in Australia.