Non Award Sector Visa (Subclass 575)
Australia Student Visas Contents
Effective July 1, 2016, the scheme has been closed. A more straightforward option is now available with the Simpler Student Scheme 500 Visa.
The Non Award Sector (Subclass 575) student visa permits international students to enter Australia for full-course study, such as a non-award foundation studies course, or for individual components/modules of a course that do not lead to an award like a degree, diploma, or certificate.
If students intend to undertake a non-award course as a required component of a higher-level course leading to an award (e.g., foundation studies required for a degree course), they should apply for the appropriate visa for the higher-level course.
Eligibility: To qualify for this student visa, students must:
1. Provide evidence of acceptance to study a non-award course or components/modules at an Australian educational institution, such as an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment code, Confirmation of Enrolment letter, or Letter of Offer.
2. Have sufficient funds to cover travel, tuition, and living expenses for themselves and any family members included in their application.
3. Meet the English language proficiency requirements set by the institution.
4. Fulfill health requirements, including having health insurance.
5. Meet character requirements, typically involving a criminal record check.
6. Convince Australian officials that they will adhere to the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement to avoid overstaying their visa.
For Students under 18: Students below 18 years old must meet specific eligibility criteria:
1. Have a parent or guardian sign their visa application, or provide a statutory declaration letter granting permission for travel, or a copy of Australian form 1229.
2. Stay with a parent/guardian or a nominated relative over 21 (approved by a parent/guardian) while in Australia. Alternative arrangements require approval from the student’s education provider.
Length of Stay: The Non Award Sector (Subclass 575) student visa allows students to stay in Australia for the duration of their studies, plus an additional period based on the course length and completion time:
1. Course length of less than 10 months: Visa duration equals the full course length plus one month.
2. Course length of 10 months or more, finishing between January and October: Visa duration equals the full course length plus two months.
3. Course length of 10 months or more, finishing in November or December: Visa lasts until March 15th of the following year.
Family: Students can include the following family members in their visa application:
2. Dependent children (including partners’ dependent children)
3. Dependent relatives (including partners’ dependent relatives)
Work: The visa allows students to work up to 20 hours per week during study/term time and full time during holidays. No separate work authorization is needed.
However, students below the school leaving age for their state cannot work during study/term time, with the school leaving age typically set at 15 for most Australian states. Family members included on the student’s visa may also work up to 20 hours per week year-round.
Understanding Australia Student Visas
Embark on your academic journey with Australia Student Visas, the gateway to quality education in the land of kangaroos. This section delves into the types of visas, eligibility criteria, and the application process.
Australia Student Visas not only grant you access to renowned educational institutions but also offer an opportunity to experience the diverse Australian culture firsthand. Navigating through the visa types ensures you select the one aligning with your educational goals.
Why Choose Australia for Your Studies?
Discover why Australia stands out as a premier education destination. From world-class universities to vibrant student life, explore the myriad reasons that make Australia a top choice for international students.
Australia Student Visas not only open doors to academic excellence but also expose you to a multicultural environment, preparing you for a globalized future. Immerse yourself in a country that values education as much as it cherishes its natural beauty.
Applying for Australia Student Visas: A Step-by-Step Guide
On your academic journey begins with the visa application process. This section provides a detailed step-by-step guide, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free application experience.
Australia Student Visas require meticulous documentation, financial proof, and a genuine commitment to studies. Navigating the application process with precision guarantees a stress-free entry into the Australian academic landscape.
Health Insurance Requirements
Your well-being is paramount. Australia Student Visas necessitate comprehensive health insurance coverage to ensure you have access to quality healthcare during your stay.
Understanding health insurance requirements is crucial for a seamless experience. Our guide sheds light on the necessary coverage, making your journey worry-free and health-focused.
Work Opportunities for International Students
Australia Student Visas not only open doors to education but also to valuable work experiences. Explore the various work opportunities available for international students, striking the perfect balance between academics and professional growth.
Australia Student Visas FAQs
Australia Student Visas are typically valid for the duration of your course, with an additional grace period. Ensure timely renewal to avoid disruptions in your academic journey.
Yes, international students can work part-time during their studies and full-time during scheduled breaks. This provides valuable exposure and helps cover living expenses.
The processing time for Australia Student Visas varies. It’s advisable to apply well in advance, ensuring sufficient time for processing and preparation.
Applicants must demonstrate financial capacity to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and health insurance. Clear documentation of funds is crucial for a successful application.
Yes, in certain circumstances, family members can accompany you. However, specific criteria must be met, and additional documentation is required.
In case of rejection, understand the reasons and rectify the issues. Seeking guidance from educational consultants or immigration experts can enhance your chances of a successful reapplication.
Embarking on your educational journey with Australia Student Visas opens doors to academic excellence, cultural enrichment, and professional growth. This guide, enriched with insights and FAQs, ensures you navigate the process seamlessly. Prepare for a transformative experience in the vibrant and welcoming academic landscape of Australia.