Hongkong Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
The Capital Investment Entrant Scheme is crafted for those who aspire to attain Permanent Residency in Hong Kong through a capital investment. Applicants can reside in Hong Kong without engaging in or establishing a business by investing in specified permissible assets.
The following groups can leverage this scheme to live in Hong Kong and, upon meeting additional criteria, qualify to apply for the right of abode:
- 1. Nationals of foreign countries, excluding Afghanistan, Cuba, and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
- 2. Residents of the Macao Special Administrative Region.
- 3. Chinese nationals with permanent resident status in a foreign country.
- 4. Stateless individuals holding permanent resident status in a foreign country with documented re-entry facilities.
- 5. Residents of Taiwan.
|GDP (Billion current USD)
|Earning per capita
|373.4 billion PPP dollars
TOC (Capital Investment Entrant Scheme)
Capital Investment Entrant Scheme Investment Requirements:
- 1. Maintain net assets exceeding HK$10 million with absolute beneficial entitlement for a minimum of two years before applying.
- 2. Invest a minimum of HK$10 million in permissible asset classes. If already invested, file the application within six months of the investment.
- 3. Provide evidence of the ability to financially support oneself and dependents without depending on returns from the mentioned investments, employment in Hong Kong, or public assistance.
Capital Investment Entrant Scheme Processing Time:
Upon meeting all requirements and submitting the necessary documents, the application for the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme typically undergoes processing within four to six weeks.
Family Inclusion in the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme:
Applicants are eligible to include the following individuals in their application:
- 1. Spouse.
- 2. Unmarried dependent children under the age of 18 years.
Permit Duration: Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
Upon receiving initial approval, the applicant is allowed to visit Hong Kong for a three-month period. An extension of an additional three months may be considered upon providing evidence of investment progress.
After submitting proof of investments, the applicant will be granted permission to stay for two years. This stay can be extended twice, each time for a period of two years, contingent upon consistently meeting the investment requirements.
Upon completing seven years of continuous ordinary residence in Hong Kong, the applicant becomes eligible to apply for the right to abode.
Documentation: Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
1. Accepted Travel Document
2. Hong Kong ID Card
3. Duly filled and signed forms
4. Evidence of ownership of investment assets
5. Confirmation of beneficial ownership of investment assets 6. Other specified documents
Fees: Hong Kong Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
|Entry permit fee
|Extension of stay
Frequently Asked Questions
To qualify for the scheme, a minimum investment of HKD 10 million is required. This investment can be in various asset classes, including real estate, stocks, and more.
The application process typically takes around six to eight months, subject to the timely submission of required documents and adherence to guidelines.
Yes, the Hongkong Capital Investment Entrant Scheme allows for the inclusion of spouse and dependent children under the age of 18 in the same application.
While there are no specific language requirements, proficiency in English or Chinese can enhance your overall experience and integration into Hong Kong’s diverse society.
Participants are subject to Hong Kong’s tax regulations. However, the scheme provides exemptions for foreign-sourced income, offering a favorable tax environment.
Yes, participants can make changes to their investment portfolios after approval, provided they meet the scheme’s requirements and guidelines.