The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme operates as a point-based entry system, facilitating the entry of skilled individuals into Hong Kong for employment purposes. Meeting specific primary requirements is essential for eligibility to enter the country through this scheme. The QMAS Visa program allocates a maximum quota of 1000 applicants to enter Hong Kong. Successful applicants can also bring their spouse and unmarried dependent children (below 18 years old) to Hong Kong under the Dependent Visa scheme. This visa not only enables entry without a job offer but also permits permanent residency while staying with family.
The Hong Kong QMAS Visa serves as a work visa designed for professionals seeking employment opportunities in Hong Kong. To pursue job opportunities within the QMAS category, individuals must be classified as highly-skilled professionals.
QMAS operates on a point-based selection system, requiring individuals and families considering relocation to Hong Kong to accumulate the necessary points before initiating the visa application process.
Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
List of Proficient Professionals (2024), Hong Kong
1. Driving and Logistics
3. Sales and Marketing
4. Accounting and Finance
6. Information Technology (IT)
8. Office Management
9. Skilled Trades
Eligibility Requirements for QMAS Visa Approval
To qualify for the QMAS visa program, you need to satisfy the following eligibility conditions:
Age: Your age must fall within the range of 18 to 50 years.
Educational Qualification: Possession of a first-class Bachelors or Masters degree from a recognized university is mandatory.
Work Experience: A minimum of 2 years of work experience is required.
Language Proficiency: You must demonstrate language proficiency through the IELTS/TOEFL exam with at least a basic level.
Family Background: Immediate family members accompanying or residing in Hong Kong should be mentioned.
Financial Requirement: Fulfilling all financial requirements associated with the immigration process is necessary.
Points-Based Test: You are required to achieve a minimum score in the General Points-Based Test.
What is the Minimum Point Requirement for Qualification?
To become a permanent resident in Hong Kong, a minimum score of 80 out of 100 points is required. These points are assigned based on factors such as:
- 1. Age
- 2. Educational Qualifications
- 3. Work Experience
- 4. English Language Skills
The Hong Kong Points Calculation System
|30 Points (Maximum)
|PhD / 2 or more master’s degrees
|Master’s Degree / 2 or more bachelor’s degrees
|Bachelor’s Degree / Professional Qualification awarded by a nationally or internationally recognized
|Additional points if a degree at bachelor level or higher is awarded by a renowned organization recognized internationally
|55 Points (Maximum)
|At least 5 years in a senior role in not less than 10 years graduate or specialist level
|At least 2 years in a senior role in Not less than 5 years graduate or specialist level
|Specialist level work experience in not less than 5 years
|Specialist level work experience in not less than 2 years
|Specialist level work experience with international exposure in not less than 2 years (Additional score)
|30 Points (Maximum)
|Additional points by meeting specifications of the respective profession
|20 Points (Maximum)
|Proficient in both in written and spoken Chinese and English
|Proficient in at least one foreign language
|Being proficient in written and spoken Chinese or English
|20 Points (Maximum)
|At least one immediate family member residing in Hong Kong permanently
|Accompanying a married spouse is having equivalent degree or more
|5 points for each dependent child under the age of 18
|5 (Maximum Points: 10)
Required Documents for HK-QMAS Visa Application:
To be eligible for application, you must provide the following documents:
1. Completed application form in either English or Chinese.
2. Photocopy of the personal details page of your passport.
3. Photocopy of the Republic of China’s identity card (if applicable).
4. Visa application form duly filled, accompanied by all supporting documents.
5. Photocopy of your personal annual income documentation (e.g., bank statements or statements indicating the current market value of your investments).
6. Language proficiency test results (TOEFL or IELTS) to demonstrate proficiency in English or Chinese.
7. Photocopy of academic qualifications from educational institutions, including graduation certificates or academic records (including technical qualifications).
8. Proof of work experience, such as an employment letter or contract, along with supporting documents like bank statements and salary slips.
9. Any documents in a regional language must be translated into English or Chinese.
Duration of HK-QMAS Immigration Processing
The processing time for the visa varies between 8 to 12 weeks, contingent on several factors:
Each draw has distinct cutoff points.
The Hong Kong Immigration Department includes a visa interview in the overall process.
Differences in visa type and personal information contribute to variations among individuals.
How to initiate the application process for the Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) Visa in India?
Follow the steps outlined below to apply for your visa:
- Submit your documents for the evaluation of your educational credentials. This step ensures that your academic qualifications meet Hong Kong’s educational standards.
Application Form Completion:
- Prepare your application form, ensuring it is duly attested and accompanied by the required supporting documentation.
Submission of Application:
- Submit your completed application, which will be added to a pool of applications. This pool encompasses submissions from international applicants.
- The Hong Kong immigration authorities will conduct a quota allocation selection procedure. Typically, a draw is held to select applications with the highest ratings for the specific time period.
- Upon selection, you will receive an invitation to apply, known as Approval-in-Principle. This indicates that you have fulfilled all the requirements for a Hong Kong Work Permit, and authorities have invited you for an interview.
- Attend the interview with immigration authorities in Hong Kong as part of the application process.
- If you successfully pass the interview, you will be required to complete any remaining formalities and make the necessary visa fee payment.
FAQs about Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
A: The eligibility criteria encompass academic qualifications, professional achievements, and language proficiency.
A: The processing time for Quality Migrant Admission Scheme applications varies, with an average of several months for the Immigration Department to assess and approve submissions.
A: Yes, QMAS allows for family inclusion, enabling spouses and children to join the applicant in Hong Kong. Additional documentation may be required for dependents.
A: Renewing QMAS status is a straightforward process. As long as the applicant continues to meet the eligibility criteria, renewal is a seamless procedure.
A: Potential reasons for rejection include incomplete documentation, insufficient points, or failure to meet specific criteria outlined in the QMAS guidelines.
A: No, Hong Kong does not recognize dual citizenship. Successful QMAS applicants must renounce their previous citizenship.