What Is Canada Express Entry Program?
Express entry is an electronic application management program issued by Immigration, Refugees and citizenship Canada (IRCC) for skilled worker immigrants who want Canada permanent residency visa. In this system, a minimum comprehensive ranking system score (CRS) has fixed for qualifying express entry draw. If your comprehensive ranking system score (CRS) is equal to or more than that fixed minimum comprehensive ranking system score (CRS), then you qualify for further steps.
Candidates scoring less than the minimum comprehensive ranking system score (CRS) are considered to be not qualified for express entry. So if you want permanent residency in Canada, you need to qualify express entry first to proceed further. Based on the comprehensive ranking system score (CRS), every candidate gets his rank in express entry draw. After ranking, invitations to apply or ITAs are sent to candidates who qualified the express entry draw.
For prospective skilled foreign workers, the express entry will result in faster processing times. It will also make it easier for candidates to secure a job before they arrive, by facilitating matches with Canadian employers.
Types of Express Entry Program Systems
Every year a lot of applications of immigrants are sent to Canada for getting a permanent resident visa. Express entry manages those applications through the three programs mentioned below:
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is a point-based immigration program which qualifies the applications for Express Entry to Canada. There are six selection factors for this program, and every selection factor includes its own maximum points. So, overall an applicant needs to score minimum points of 67 out of 100 to qualify for this program.
Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) is for all those people who get qualified in skilled trade and now want to become a permanent resident in Canada. For that, an applicant must meet all the eligibility requirements strictly.
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration category for Canada’s foreign workers who wish to become permanent residents there. So, all those immigrants who have skilled work experience in Canada can apply for the same.
Undoubtedly, every program has its unique eligibility criteria and process for application.
Provinces and territories of Canada can recruit candidates from express entry pool through the Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) for local labor market needs.
Eligibility for Canada express entry program
Although the program is open for all foreign immigrants, and the government of Canada also warmly invites all the immigrants so that they can become a part of its economy there. However, every applicant needs to fulfill the fixed eligibility criteria. As stated above, IRCC, the governing body of Canada regulates this program based on the CRS system.
- There is a criterion of a minimum of 67 points out of 100, to become eligible for the application process. Only the high-scored applicants in the pool receive the invite to apply for Canadian PR visa.
- Candidate needs to submit the scorecard for the language test. However, remember, the test should not be more than two years old.
- Keeping Canadian education in line, the candidate needs to submit his (ECA) Education Credential Assessment report.
- After receiving Invite to Apply (ITA), a candidate needs to submit Health and Character Certificates.
How Canada Express Entry Works?
Following are the procedures for express entry:
- First, find if you are eligible for express entry or not.
- After checking your eligibility, undertake the IELTS examination for language ability criterion.
- Start your application process, and get your documents ready. These documents include education, work experience and proof of funds to prove that you are eligible for express entry.
- If you are eligible and have submitted your express entry profile, then you will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence. You are good to go further.
Benefits for Canada Express Entry Program:
The applications which are sent to the federal government for evaluation through Express Entry program can be directly invited for PR visa after selection. Being a Federal immigration system, it offers several benefits including:
- Complete freedom for settlement:
Once the applicant gets qualified for PR visa through Entry Express program, then he/she is eligible to live or settle anywhere in Canada.
- The fastest way to get Canada PR visa:
Among other major programs, experts believe that this is an optimum way to reach your dreamland. The screening procedure for these applications occurs within 6 months only.
- Point-based hierarchy:
Based on the comprehensive ranking system (CRS), the Express Entry program evaluates and ranks the applications. Without any bias, every application is processed and ranked according to age, educational background, working experience, adaptability, and more.
Processing time for Canada express entry program:
On average, the minimum period for evaluation and selection of applications through Canada Express Entry program is 5-6 months. Being a Federal immigration program, it is quicker than other PNPs. All the eligible applications are placed in the Express Entry pool and compared every time, the draw conducted. At last, the high-scoring application gets selected and receive an invite to apply (ITA) from the Canada governing body, IRCC.
Estimated fees for Canada Express Entry program:
In addition to processing time and documentation, the financial structure also counts among key factors. A candidate needs to be financially stable, not only to meet eligibility requirement but also to support him and his family till the time he doesn’t attain a new employment opportunity in Canada.
A general framework of the charges is listed below. However, it may vary according to program or candidature’s perspectives.
|Rs. 12,650 Approx|
285$ CAD Approx
50 $ CAD
|Primary Candidate Fee||
Secondary Candidate Fee
List of documents, required for Canada Express Entry program:
Once an applicant qualifies the eligibility criteria, he/she needs to submit some necessary documents for Express Entry program including:
- Passport sized photographs of the principal applicant
- Previous work experience letter or Letter of Recommendation from the previous company.
- Medical certificate
- Police clearance certificates. However, in case of a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, it is not mandatory.
- Passport and other travel documents (along with copies)
- Proof of funds (for FSW stream) to check whether an applicant is capable to support him and his family in Canada or not.
How Countrywide Visas can be your supporting hand?
Countrywide visas is a fastest growing Immigration consultancy with a large devoted team of Immigration experts providing, its clients a hassle-free, professional services to file their applications for various immigration programs. You are welcome to call us or send us an email with your immigration questions and inquiries. You may contact us on 011-41075840 / 011-41045840 or leave a mail at email@example.com. You may also fill the Technical Assessment Form for free to get a call back from our Immigration Specialists. All you need to do is fill an assessment form and let our immigration experts assist you over the phone call or by meeting you in person and give you the best available options to fulfill your dreams of settling abroad.